Lync 2010 - Call hold failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I had an odd intermittent issue here. The problem is when users place someone on hold they will be unable to retrieve the call due to a hold failure, at which point the call will drop. It doesn't appear to matter if the user has any additional active calls (including voicemail), so the description of the error in the screenshot below doesn't really apply. The duration of the hold varies every time before the error occurs. We are using a Lync certified GW. Our client has two offices located in two different cities, each office has their own Lync infrastructure. The issue only occurs in one office and isn't isolated to any one user or workstation. The issue will also impact users from the main office if they travel to the office in question. Below is a shot of the diagnostic report for one of the calls that ended with a failed hold. Every call with this issue produces the exact same report. Thanks in advance for any assistance! 

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:11 PM

Answers

• I have seen this same problem in our own envoirment, 2 sites and only 1 site with this issue. Our problem was the GW that needed a firmware update. Are you using the same GW for both offices or separate?
    If there are two GW check if there is a diffrence between them, like the firmware. May I ask what GW are you using?

• Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, December 4, 2012 7:54 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2012 10:51 AM

All replies

• You seem to be suggesting that the issue is with signaling within the second office. You'll need to capture S4 on the Mediation server, the client side logs and any logging from the gateway. I would also suggest trying to get a network capture. You could also look at the event logs to see if there is anything useful there.
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:10 PM
  • If this issue happened between two remote offices not between users in one office, please try to enable call park feature in the voice policy applied for the problem office.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:06 AM
  • Thanks for the replies!
    I am not 100% sure if it happens between users in the problem office as they mainly communicate via IM but I can confirm.  Call park is already enabled in the problem office. They have not mentioned if the problem occurs with parked calls but I can test this today. I can also do an S4 capture and report back.
    We did a network capture a few days ago before I posted here and nothing abnormal turned up.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:39 PM
  • I have seen this same problem in our own envoirment, 2 sites and only 1 site with this issue. Our problem was the GW that needed a firmware update. Are you using the same GW for both offices or separate?
    If there are two GW check if there is a diffrence between them, like the firmware. May I ask what GW are you using?

• Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, December 4, 2012 7:54 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2012 10:51 AM