none
Steady State Session Timeout Warning RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there a way to have a popup message reminding the users that the session time is about to expire?  We have this option for inactivity and a popup message warning come on.  However, taht is not the case for session timeout.  Though there is already a box at the right hand corner with countdown but many users (at our library) keep complaining that they don't pay attention to the timer and it should have a popup warning instead of the mahince automatically logoff.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:27 PM

Answers

• Hi drpiya, thank you for the feedback. Currently, we do not have pop up session timeout warning in Windows SteadyState. I'll send your valuable feedback to our develop team and see if this can be added in the next version. Thank you.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi drpiya, thank you for the feedback. Currently, we do not have pop up session timeout warning in Windows SteadyState. I'll send your valuable feedback to our develop team and see if this can be added in the next version. Thank you.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 7:47 AM
  • you can alternatively leave the timer up.  If you go into the the profile on the general tab you can click always display session countdown.  The down side to this is the timer will always be in the right hand corner of the screen and can not be moved, minimized, anything, so basically choose your poision :).

Respectfully,

James Ghiorzi
    Library Assistant II
    San Benito County Free Library
    470 Fifth St.
    Hollister, CA 95023
    Friday, July 3, 2009 1:07 AM
  • Thank you very much for your help in this matter.  Have a nice day.
    Friday, July 3, 2009 2:13 AM
  • James,

Thank you for your response. As state in my question, we are currently implementing that option you recommend.  However, many users still don't pay attention to the countdown. Oh well...

Thanks again.

Piya
    Friday, July 3, 2009 2:16 AM
  • Hello,
    I have problem using this feature and need a help: i've already checked the "Always show session timer" check box but the timer does not appears in any of the user profiles after user login? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Boyan.
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 10:17 AM