none
Not able install JDBC Connector in the Fast ESP admin GUI RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am trying to install JDBC COnnector 5.2.SP1 into my Fast ESP Admin GUI. But I am not able to view the JDBC connector in the data sources tab. I am also getting the below error in the FAST ESP Logs.

[2011-03-10 11:23:39]   ERROR   CController   elksavtfst01       systemmsg  Error when setting up interface for JDBCConnector: XMLParseException: c:\esp\connectors\jdbc\etc/db.xml does not exist

The version of my Fast ESP installation is 5.3. Can anyone please help me out in solving this error.

Thanks,

Elson.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Elson,

you probably installed the JDBC connector with a different user from the one running the FAST ESP service.

With Windows Explorer go to the directory of the JDBC connector and assign the Full control permission to the user that executes FAST ESP or just allow the inheritance of the permissions from the parent folder.

HTH

Ciao

Friday, March 11, 2011 7:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Elson,

The error message comes from connector controller.   The good news -- the connector seems to be integrated the UI.  Bad news -- connector controller cannot find or parse the file c:\esp\connectors\jdbc\etc\db.xml.  That is why you cannot see the interface for the connector in the UI.   So is the file there?

Thanks,

Search Ninja from Comperio (www.comperiosearch.com)

Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:10 PM
  • Hi Elson,

you probably installed the JDBC connector with a different user from the one running the FAST ESP service.

With Windows Explorer go to the directory of the JDBC connector and assign the Full control permission to the user that executes FAST ESP or just allow the inheritance of the permissions from the parent folder.

HTH

Ciao

Friday, March 11, 2011 7:16 PM
  • Hi Roberto,

Thanks Roberto. I was able to add the JDBC connector to the admin GUI. 

Thanks,

Elson.

Friday, March 11, 2011 8:04 PM