none
project pro connectivity issue - Project was unable to establish a connection RRS feed

  • Question

  • hi,

    I'm trying to connect to project server 2013 pwa site from project professional 2013 and receiving the following error.

    "Project was unable to establish a connection with <url>". This could be caused by a loss of network connectivity or inadequate permissions to connect to Project Web App."


    more information: i'm able to login through browser into pwa site in the same network. i have verified that my delegate session isn't on. 


    Thanks, Ram

    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 6:59 PM

Answers

  • What helped me out in this was opening a random file (in my case XLS) saved on SharePoint in the desktop application. There I was asked to provide my credentials. 

    After this I was able to create the connection with MS Project again.


    Thursday, February 13, 2020 9:18 AM

All replies

  • Hi Ram,

    Have you tried removing your Project Server connection in MS Project and create it again? Also have you checked that your permissions wasn't changed?


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

    Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:17 AM
    Moderator
  • I removed and re-created and has admin rights too! basically ms project not promoting for credentials automatically showing error message.

    Main issue : MS Project not promoting for credentials to connect project server and this issue occurring out side of the intranet.

    Our PWA URL is over internet accessible but login failed through MS Project, because it is not promoting for credentials

    Done following changes:

    In browser setting enabled the "Prompt for credentials" also.

    In credentials manager removed the users...

    Our account setup in MS Project is till PWA it is right

    We used tiddler tool to find the issue it is showing authentication failed

    I am not sure form based authentication for the site will help...?







    Thanks, Ram

    Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:40 PM
  • Ensure that the account you are using in File | Account is the one used in O365 or Project Server.

    Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

    Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:59 PM
    Moderator
  • Yes, we tried. No luck!

    Thanks, Ram

    Friday, October 7, 2016 10:23 AM
  • Okay, the best offer I can help is the following blog and please ensure both Project Server 2013 and Project Pro 2013 are fully patched.

    http://www.applepark.co.uk/issues-with-multiple-project-server-accounts/


    Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

    Friday, October 7, 2016 10:26 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Ram,

    Here’s a short action plan for you:

    1. Deactivate any delegation session for the current user. You can do that by going to the project web app settings -> act as a delegate -> stop delegate session.
    2. Delete the cache on the personal computer of the user either doing it within the client in within the backstage options or by deleting the respective folders in the windows browser, which is actually the better option.
    3. Go to the IE options and add the PWA URL to the trusted sites by going to the security tab -> trusted sites -> sites.
    4. Go to the IE options and change the security settings to a custom level. Configure the following:
      – Access data sources across domains: Enable
      – Logon: Automatic logon with current user name and password (fits in most cases, but can be different if you have a different authentication method)

    More information can be found here.

    Best regards,

    Julian

    Sunday, May 14, 2017 4:56 PM
  • What helped me out in this was opening a random file (in my case XLS) saved on SharePoint in the desktop application. There I was asked to provide my credentials. 

    After this I was able to create the connection with MS Project again.


    Thursday, February 13, 2020 9:18 AM