none
Can Someone Please Help?! RRS feed

• Question

• I've done something REALLY stupid! I backed up all of my video, music, and picture files to an external hard drive, forgetting that I had encrypted them, and then I reformatted my hard drive. This erased the name ("VALUED CUSTOMER") that was affiliated with the computer by the dealer. When asked to provide a name, I entered my own. Now I can't see my encrypted files because VALUED CUSTOMER is the only one who can open them or un-encrypt them. When I try to add myself to the list of people who can access the files, I get an EFSADU Error Code 5 message. How can I fix this so I can see/use my files?
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 9:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your issue, but it doesn't appear to be related to System Center Data Protection Manager. I suggest you post in the forum for the operating system on which your computer is running.

Thanks,

Marc

Monday, October 3, 2011 7:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your issue, but it doesn't appear to be related to System Center Data Protection Manager. I suggest you post in the forum for the operating system on which your computer is running.

Thanks,

Marc

Monday, October 3, 2011 7:04 PM
  • Jeez, your a prince, sheez

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:38 AM