none
Windows 10 1703 Locale Problem (Non-Unicode)

Question

• Hi,

Since the latest “Creators Update” (Built 1703), we are facing an issue of font display.

All of our computers are set to use “Hebrew (Israel)” as the region setting:

Locale

This causes any application that is using the raster fonts (Terminal being the default) to render it obscure, as the following image shows:

CMD

Changing the region to English (United States) does solve the problem for applications like CMD and PowerShell,

but since our organization uses applications which don’t support Unicode, those applications are displayed incorrectly, with question marks instead of text.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You have found out a workaround, that’s good, but for this Non-Unicode problem, I am afraid that there is not a solution for it.

Since this situation just appears after installing Creators Update, I advise you feedback this problem to Microsoft via Feedback Hub app. Of course, I am going to submit this Non-Unicode problem to product team via internal feedback tool.

Thanks for understanding and cooperating.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 14, 2017 1:23 AM
  • Thank you. I have done so and looking forward to a fix ASAP.
    Friday, April 14, 2017 10:53 AM
  • You are welcome, please keep system stay in the latest version.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 8:48 AM