none
Outlook 2016 Insert as HTML - image display issues.

Question

• I have created a series of responsive html templates for use by our organization. The plan is for users to insert these using the "Insert as HTML" option and then edit the content and/or images as needed. I have tested them myself and they seem to work very well. However, during our QC phase, another user tried to use them and when she inserts as html, the placeholder image in the template appears very small. When sent it renders fine. However, when she changes the picture (right clicks and chooses another picture already pre-sized correctly) it still appears small on her screen AND it stays small when sent.

Do we know what might be causing this problem? Is this perhaps a personalized setting of her outlook or display that is causing only the images to display incorrectly? If we can document the culprit of the issue our users can work around it, but I can't find any indication of what it might be.

Friday, April 7, 2017 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What "Insert as HTML" option do you mean? Are you using a 3rd-party add-in? As far as I know, there is no "Insert as HTML" option in Outlook, only a "Insert as Text" option.

in addition, does this issue happen to other users with the same HTML template?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 5:48 AM
  • Sorry - I meant "Insert as Text", I apologize for my typo.

I can use the templates without issue, but our QC tester was experiencing the problem I've outlined above. I'm not sure if it's a personal outlook setting she might have set, and if I knew what personal setting might effect this I could test it, but I'm not sure what that setting might be.

I'm going to make an effort to increase the test group to see how many others experience the same issues with the templates, but any information that users could provide would be appreciated.

Susan

Monday, April 10, 2017 4:20 PM
  • Other users have tested and they don't have an issue, which makes me lean even more toward this being a personal setting. Can anyone point me to what/where someone might have settings that would effect the image size in emails? It would help us troubleshoot the issue if someone might have experience with this.
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:18 PM
  • This just started happening to me this week!  How do we remove the image?

Monday, August 27, 2018 8:42 PM