none
WiFi Profile hidden network issue on iOS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are facing issue with WiFi Profile for iOS devices. When network is NOT hidden, device connects successfully. But when network is configured as hidden and profile is updated as hidden iOS devices cannot see SSID. If I add manually, network connects successfully. Exact same setup is working fine for hidden network for Android devices.

Has anyone experienced same issue and resolved or know workaround?

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:46 AM

All replies

• Hello,

After you changed the settings of the WiFi profile, have you checked the status of the profile?

Please make sure it's deployed successfully on the client device, and then try the Wi-Fi connection.

I'm concerned that the profile is not enforced on the iOS device.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:39 AM
  • Hello Andy,

Yes when I go to see MDM profile settings, i can see WiFi profile is there with proper settings including Hidden. But SSID is not there in the wireless network list. But Android device next to it can see and connects automatically. 

Thanks. 

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:37 AM
  • Hello,

From the Intune portal, you can check the status by choosing the particular profile, and choose Device status under the Monitor section as below.

In addition, to my knowledge, it's expected the SSID is invisible. However, it should be connected automatically if you enable the Connect automatically option.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 25, 2019 6:42 AM