Messenger is broken " Messenger is not available right now. Please try again later. (0x80ee000c" RRS feed

• Question

• Since I began working away from my family (both in UK) I had intended to use MSN video calls to read stories etc to my 2year old son, unfortunately this rarely works in practice . even during the 25% of the time we get a sort of stable(ish)nice clear connection for 10-15 minutes,  the connection still drops usually after frame rates slow down drastically. At some stage I usually then I get an error message saying:

Messenger is not available right now. Please try again later. (0x80ee000c

Most the time we don't even get that far, vid locks up, sound drops etc etc often with the same error message appearing.

We are both running Windows 7 home premium on fairly  new high quality Cyberpower  PC and brand new MSI Wind laptop. Laptop has just had a new factory done OS re-install, both are on auto update, with the most recent device  drivers, no Vm software, both with M/soft Essentials. I have used a variety of well known malware removing scanners to no avail.
    We now both using Ethernet but problem still persists, I have actually started using Google Talk (and  vid) which is working fine but my son likes the interactive Noddy stories on Messenger so I do need to get this fixed.  He also gets quite upset when messenger  will only work in one direction,
    Surely webcam link is a basic core function of the software, so why does it still seem to be so flakey (  Irealise that the lucky trouble free users are unlikey to share thier experiences on a forum but there are an awful lot off disatisfied customers out here).  I know that technically this can be challenging with  many potential problems but this is Mocrosoft  after all, so why not just write software that  "works" as it should. Given all the years(decades?) of developement ?...  
    Any help would  greatly appreciated.
    regards Russ

Saturday, October 30, 2010 3:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Russ,

After checking you issue, it seems the problem with your MSN messenger, I suggest you asking MSN messenger forum for further help:

http://www.msghelp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10

Also you can try to login with Clean Boot for test. Temporarily diasble Anti-Virus or Security program

Enable UPnP on router refer to

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090102073251AANPJzi

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, November 8, 2010 1:14 AM
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 6:32 AM