none
Task percentage update by non assigned resource RRS feed

• Question

• I work on projects, where the construction manager has to update the status of all the tasks. 

I do not want to assign the construction manager to all tasks, as that would affect my progress rollup. 

If I make the construction manager the Status Manager, will the tasks appear under his "My Tasks Page"?

Will he be able to update them?

Saturday, April 2, 2016 11:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the field Stataus Manager will not help in this case. Please use the field Assignment Owner (it is an assignment filed, so you need to add this field to an assignamnet/usage view). In this field, you can set construction manager and he will see all tasks.

If it is always the same person for a resource, you can set this name as Default Assignmante Owner on resource level and avoid additional edits.

Does that work for you?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Sunday, April 3, 2016 4:47 AM