Need help with a graphic card problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am posting this problem here simply because I want to seek help from Microsoft experts here. The computer is now in factory installed Vista SP1 for the HP tx2500 laptop and I am sure it is not a Vista problem.

My tx2500 laptop experience very frequent display error, like the pictures show blow. I also uploaded the dump file of Vista.

My system was the original HP factory shipped Vista 64-bit Home Premium SP1. No upgrade has been made since I have found in Vista SP2 the situation is even worse so I made system restore to the factory condition.

I with some hardware experts here could have a look at the issue and help me to identify the problem. I am in an urgent project and this almost got me killed.

Has my ATI graphic card gets burned/damaged or I simply cannot rely on this laptop and need a new one?

Anxiously,

Bob

Vista's dump file:

https://cid-553effd4c1fc33c8.office.live.com/self.​aspx/public/Mini020511-01.dmp

Camera shot of screen 1

Camera shot of screen 2

Blue screen message

Friday, February 4, 2011 6:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Is the laptot ssufferred from any big shaking or water? When did this issue started?

It looks like a faulty hardware issue. It is best to take the computer to repair shop and do a test. You might need to change a new display card.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Bob Sun Friday, February 11, 2011 2:02 AM
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:15 AM
  • Dear Magon,

What you suggested was the right solution. I went to a repair shop and they had the graphic card repaired with BGA soldering machine. Now it works smoothly as newly bought.

Bob

Friday, February 11, 2011 2:02 AM

All replies

• Your laptop and graphic card are probablly not the problem. Go to HP site and see if they have a updated driver for your card.
    Monday, February 7, 2011 10:51 PM
  • Hi,

Is the laptot ssufferred from any big shaking or water? When did this issue started?

It looks like a faulty hardware issue. It is best to take the computer to repair shop and do a test. You might need to change a new display card.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Bob Sun Friday, February 11, 2011 2:02 AM
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:15 AM
  • Dear Magon,

What you suggested was the right solution. I went to a repair shop and they had the graphic card repaired with BGA soldering machine. Now it works smoothly as newly bought.

Bob

Friday, February 11, 2011 2:02 AM