Modify default rules RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I don't find documentation about SCE 2007 customization...
    I've found few trivial examples:

1. I can see an alert about OWA connectivity (Exchange 2007). I can see the
    powershell command, which is made on the Exchange server by the SCE agent.
    How can I modify this rule to add or remove argument?
    2. I can see an alert about IMAP connectivity. Now I don't use IMAP, but
    it's possible to enable IMAP in few months/years. Which is the "Best
    practice" in this situation?

Thanks

Jean-Luc CHANDEZON [MCT]
    Monday, June 15, 2009 1:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    You can right-click the rule or monitor, select override and the override for (for example all exchange servers). Then you can change any override parameter. Remember to store your overrides in a new management pack, one override management pack for each MS management pack.

--

Anders Bengtsson
    Microsoft MVP - Ops Mgr
    www.contoso.se
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:40 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2009 2:10 PM
  • Hi,
    You cant add what you want there. That module only support a small number of parameters and command. I am working on a blog post about this, as soon as I get the workaround to work I will upload it to my blog.

--

Anders Bengtsson
    Microsoft MVP - Ops Mgr
    www.contoso.se
    Monday, June 15, 2009 5:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    You can right-click the rule or monitor, select override and the override for (for example all exchange servers). Then you can change any override parameter. Remember to store your overrides in a new management pack, one override management pack for each MS management pack.

--

Anders Bengtsson
    Microsoft MVP - Ops Mgr
    www.contoso.se
    Monday, June 15, 2009 2:10 PM
  • Hi Anders,

Thank you for replying.
    I've seen overrides propoerties, but I don't see the rule verification.

2. I note that to stop IMAP verification, in override tab, I can disable it for this server.

1. I would to customze the second rule for this server. I can't see details about the rule which verify "OWA connectivity". I would to see Powershell command and add a parameter. Is it possible? Must I create my own rule?

Thank you,

Jean-Luc CHANDEZON [MCT]
    Monday, June 15, 2009 2:18 PM
  • Hi,

I've found the answer. I must modify the rule by "Authoring\Management pack Objects\Rules". Now I can access to "CMDLET".

Cheers,

Jean-Luc CHANDEZON [MCT]
    • Marked as answer by Jean-LucCh Monday, June 15, 2009 3:31 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jean-LucCh Monday, June 15, 2009 3:34 PM
    Monday, June 15, 2009 2:43 PM
  • Unfortunately, The override does not work.

Here is the initial paramater:

Test-OwaConnectivity -TestType:Internal -MonitoringContext:$true -TrustAnySSLCertificate:$true -LightMode:$true

Now you can see the change:

Test-OwaConnectivity -TestType:Internal -MonitoringContext:$true -TrustAnySSLCertificate:$true -LightMode:$true -AllowUnSecureAccess

"Failed to execute the Test-OWAConnectivity (Internal) diagnostic cmdlet. The initial event reported: The diagnostic cmdlet controller failed to execute the command. Error: 0x800A0005(-2146828283) - Invalid procedure call or argument The MSExchangeMonitoring service do not support scripts and only a limited set of Exchange cmdlets (test-*) and parameters (positional parameters are not allowed). The accepted syntax is also more restricted than the one accepted by the Exchange Management Shell. Response to rule: "{5730EB54-5441-D670-DBF9-7062420FDC28}" Diagnostic command: "Test-OwaConnectivity -TestType:Internal -MonitoringContext:$true -TrustAnySSLCertificate:$true -LightMode:$true -AllowUnsecureAcess" To see the current problem, look at the events associated with this alert and find the most recent event. Knowledge base article for this alert: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=67336&id=BE23434A-A490-49fa-9D85-5124877AC3CF"

How can I know which parameters was permitted?
    Thanks,

Jean-Luc CHANDEZON [MCT]
    Monday, June 15, 2009 3:38 PM
  • Hi,
    You cant add what you want there. That module only support a small number of parameters and command. I am working on a blog post about this, as soon as I get the workaround to work I will upload it to my blog.

--

Anders Bengtsson
    Microsoft MVP - Ops Mgr
    www.contoso.se
    Monday, June 15, 2009 5:02 PM