have a local c:/ drive and system reserved E:/ RRS feed

• Question

• have a local c:/ drive and system reserved E:/  why is there 2 and how can i use the sytem reserved E:/ what is E;/ for?
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 7:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The reserved drive is used to store boot data, which allow boot loader to read the data from reserved drive and boot your os. If you enable Bitlocker, the reserved drive contains important files for starting your computer.

It is created when you install windows. You really shouldn't mess with the System Reserved partition, it is easiest and safest to just leave it be.

Windows hides the partition by default, most people never notice they have a system reserved partition unless they use disk tools like disk management.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by TobyU Thursday, December 21, 2017 12:13 PM
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 8:48 AM
  • Hi,

If you have further problems, feel free to contact me .

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 22, 2017 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

If my explanation helped you on the issue, it is appreciated that you can mark it as an answer to share it with other communities.

Monday, December 25, 2017 1:59 AM