none
MS Project 2013 64 bit free trial downloaded, failed to initiate RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded the subject product.  download screen claims that the product is downloaded.   No further buttons or guidence are given on how to start the program.  I navigated to where the program shows up on my computer, but I cant start the program from there either.  What do I do to start this program.  I have a product key.  Thanks!
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:03 PM

All replies

• Cabioman,

Previous versions of Project were downloaded either as an EXE or DMG file format that could be opened directly for installation. However, Project is now provided as an IMG file that either must be converted or used to burn a DVD. I'm assuming you can't start it because you are trying to open the IMG file directly. There are multiple conversion utilities available. For example, try the following link: http://softadvice.informer.com/How_To_Open_.img_File_Windows_7.html

This issue has been raised several times on this forum. A search for "open trial version" will get you several previous answered posts on the subject.

If you are running Windows 8 (I am not) , it is my understanding that Windows 8 has the necessary conversion built-in. Just search for it.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:05 PM