Items disappearing from Recycle Bin RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows XP Pro SP3 on an HP AMD Phenom 8450 triple Core desktop which is connected to a personal network with 2 other computers using Windows XP Home.

When I delete items on the HP they appear in my Recycle Bin for a while (30 mins to 3 to 4 hours) and then disappear.

My main Disk is partitioned into C & D and I have two external disks (one semi-permanent in HP internal compartment). The HP internal starts when the computer boots up the other external is started when required .Both external drives are also partitioned into two. I have had this configuration for several years without problem.

My recycle bin was previously set at "use one setting for all drives" but since the problem I have tried setting the drives independently but this has made no difference to the problem.

I have also deleted all the Recycle bins on the individual partitions and restarted the system to recreate the bins but this was also ineffective.

The only software of note that I have added recently was Norton Utilities which I have since uninstalled using the program's uninstal & Norton's comprehensive uninstal tool.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, January 30, 2011 5:59 PM