Sequencing of Applications that requires Activation and registration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, 

I have an application that requires activation and registration with the vendor. It turns out that when sequenced and installed on a different computer the Activation process is smart enough to know that it is not the same computer and requires activation and registration again. It reaches back to the vendor to make sure all is well. 

The Vendor gave a method of activation and registration via command line, Is there a way to Execute this string from with in the sequence? when it is either installed of first run? I guess I don't know how to call an action outside of the sequence.

Or is this just a bad candidate for Sequencing?

Thank you Mark

• Edited by rowtiger Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:22 PM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:49 PM

Answers

• That depends on you activation method. If I understand correctly the application creates some kind of machine based license/activation. If you are able to perform this activation method on the command line, you can most likely also make it happen in the package.
    1) Create your package and do not activate the application
    2) create a PoSh or VB-script which handles the activation
    3) - App-V4; create e script event in the OSD, check this link, which runs the script (Pre-launch)
    - App-V5; modify the custom deploymentconfig.xml and run the script as a add-package event

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:23 PM