SharePoint 2010 - Your client does not support opening this list with windows explorer externally from network RRS feed

• Question

• I have made a Archive site on SharePoint 2010 which stores photos and data from the histroy of the school i work at.

It's working fine apart from when you try to access Windows Explorer View externally from the network (Your client does not support opening this list in windows explorer) BUT Works fine internally to the network on the same laptops!?

The address is http://oldbloxhamist.bloxhamschool.com you should be able to try it even with out logging in.

The person who wants to update it needs to upload loads of files that he's just scanned in and needs to access the Windows Explorer view from home.

I have tried it on different versions of IE, all machines are have Office 2010 installed and i think the access mapping is set correctly.

Server is running Windows 2008 R2 with IIS 7. Internet Server is running TMG 2010. The client that needs to connect is Windows 7 with IE 9 but i have also tried XP with IE 6.

I'm guessing it must be something within TMG as it's working fine internally but not at all externally.

I'm stumped!

Any help if you have come across this would be fantastic!

Thanks

Dave

Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:00 AM

Answers

All replies