none
DPM Agent with domain account RRS feed

• Question

• For EFS I want to specify a domain account, rather than Local System, as the logon account for the DPM agent on servers that host EFS files.

Is it possible to replace the Local System account with a domain account?

Thanks,
    Tom

Tom Morris

Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

DPM can protect EFS files while running in system context.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, October 4, 2013 9:45 PM
  • I don't want backups encrypted. My thought is if I supply the DPM agent with a logon with an EFS certificate then backups would not be encrypted.

Can I configure the agent with an alternate logon credentials?

Tom

Tom Morris

Friday, October 4, 2013 10:41 PM
  • Hi,

DPM protects data at the block level and maintains ntfs file attributes and permissions on the DPM replica. There is no way to have an efs encrypted file on a protected volume not be stored and maintained in an encrypted state on the DPM replica.

DPM agent has to run in system context to do it's job.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, October 5, 2013 12:49 AM