none
corrupts file when saving RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working in 2010 version and saving back to 2003 for those who don't have a more current version. When I finish my edits and save, it all looks fine.  I often put a date filter on it and filter out the 100% complete tasks. If I save it with those filters on, and I open the file back up, I'm missing data. There are blank lines. Lines are relocated so the schedule is completely scrambled.  It takes me hours to recreate it. 
    Friday, July 18, 2014 10:31 PM

All replies

• Igash3,

Do you have SP2 installed for Project 2010? If not, you need to install it because it fixes many version compatibility issues. For users who have Project 2003, it is imperative they have SP3 installed.

Here's an idea, rather than applying any filters before you save, why not just save as Project 2003 and let the users apply the filter.

It sounds like your file has become corrupt. That can happen if you are operating between Project versions. You might try saving the Project 2010 file as XML and then re-open in Project 2010 (Note: you will lose any custom formatting).

Hope this helps.

John

Friday, July 18, 2014 11:03 PM
  • For safe sharing, Project 2003 should be on SP3 and Project 2010 SP2 as John said.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Saturday, July 19, 2014 1:42 AM
  • What is SP3?
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 12:32 PM
  • Miquel --

Service Pack 3.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 2:28 PM