Lost templates for protecting documents shared protected other Office365 tenants (between July and August) RRS feed

• Question

• A couple of weeks ago I could "Share Protected" documents and have the option to apply templates for users in other Office365 tenants (view-only, tracking and so on).

sharing in July

Recently (since yesterday at least) I have only my own templates and "generic Protection" which is pretty useless.

Sharing in August

CarolChi

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:59 AM

All replies

• I would expect to see the custom permissions (first picture) when the file you're protecting is natively supported by Rights Management - and .pdf is one these file types.

I would expect to see the option for Generic Protection (and your internal templates) when the file you're protecting isn't natively supported by Rights Management - which is the case with a .zip file.

Try Share Protected with a file type that is natively supported by Rights Management. You can identify these file types by using the first column in the two tables from Supported file types and file name extensions.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:12 PM