Calender popup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Does anyone know how to make a shortcut to the calendar popup that you see when you click the time display in the system tray ?

Thursday, April 7, 2011 4:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

We can create a keyboard shortcut shown below:

Step 1. Right click anywhere on the desktop and choose New -> Shortcut.

Step 2. Type timedate.cpl and click "Finish." You will see a time-date shortcut on your desktop.

Step 3. Right click that shortcut icon, select Properties and type "D" in the box that says "Shortcut key".

Please press Ctrl+Alt+D to see the current date and time on your screen.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, April 8, 2011 8:52 AM
  • Hi Magon

I already knew the shortcut timedate.cpl.
    What I'm looking for is a shortcut to the window with the Calendar.
    The popup window that appears when you click the time display in the system tray.
    Friday, April 8, 2011 11:58 AM
  • Still waiting for an answer on this subject.

'Angel

Sunday, April 10, 2011 11:11 PM
  • Hi,

The popup windows will show up only by one clicking. I don't quite understand if it has and difference with shortcut.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, April 11, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Hi Magon

It is the popup window that you see,
    when you click the time display in the system tray in Vista.
    If you then click somewhere else the window disappears again.
    From that same popup window,
    you can also launch the window that opens when you would click the timedate.cpl shortcut.
    So what I'm interested in, is a shortcut to that window that displays the calendar,
    the one that opens when you click the time display in the system tray. (See illustration at the beginning of this topic)

Regards

'Angel

Monday, April 11, 2011 9:25 AM
  • Why is it impossible for microsoft, to answer this question ?

They have developed the operating system, and can not even say how a particular item can be started from a shortcut !!!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:49 AM
  • Is this the way a Technet subscriber is treated.

I have already lodged a complaint with microsoft,
    it's not the first time that there is no answer to my question.
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:15 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the late response. Please understand there is no shortcut to the calendar popup which is by design. To workaround this issue, I suggest installing new gadgets for the Sidebar in Windows Vista.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Monday, April 25, 2011 3:43 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by 'Angel Monday, August 8, 2011 12:12 PM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:35 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:47 AM