hide webpart for unauthorized users in sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

can anyone suggest me how to hide custom webparts for unauthorized users in SharePoint 2007?. Wondering whether I should write code for this or do we have any OOB feature to solve my problem?. thanks.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:15 PM

Answers

• If you are adding webpart in document library or list through Site Action-->Edit page--Add a Webpart

then you can use "Navigation" option in "Look and Feel" section. If you click edit link, you can give individual user name or user group.

Let me know your answer

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 4:10 AM
  • If you are using MOSS (not the freebie version), then you can audience the web part to only be visible to authenticated users.

See this post for an example.

Jonathan Mast
    blog

• Proposed as answer by Shami Sikandar Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:19 AM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:53 AM "Please mark answers accordingly." removed from sig. Don't ask people to mark your posts.
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:03 AM
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 5:30 AM

All replies

• If you are adding webpart in document library or list through Site Action-->Edit page--Add a Webpart

then you can use "Navigation" option in "Look and Feel" section. If you click edit link, you can give individual user name or user group.

Let me know your answer

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 4:10 AM
  • If you are using MOSS (not the freebie version), then you can audience the web part to only be visible to authenticated users.

See this post for an example.

Jonathan Mast
    blog

• Proposed as answer by Shami Sikandar Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:19 AM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:53 AM "Please mark answers accordingly." removed from sig. Don't ask people to mark your posts.
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:03 AM
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 5:30 AM
  • Depending on the nature of the web part, you may not have to hide the web part as due to the way SharePoint is architected the Security Model will take care of it.

However, we would need to know a bit more about what the Web Part in question does, and what is the purpose of hiding it.

Kevin
    Friday, May 21, 2010 9:53 PM