none
Office365(Click to Run) Deployment with MDT Offline Media RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a scenario where i have to deploy Office365 using click to run with MDT offline media. Now the problem is with configuration.xml file in which we specify the source path of office files. 

Here in this scenario as i have to deploy client machines with offline media, so in this case what will be the path in the config.xml file? 

For testing purpose, after downloading the office source files, placed the setup.exe,config.xml file and office source folder in a same folder. Here is the config.xml file that i am using

<Configuration>
    <Add SourcePath=" " OfficeClientEdition="32" >
        <Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail">
          <Language ID="en-us" />
        </Product>
      </Add> 
    </Configuration>

In source path, i leave it blank,so that it will use the office source files which was saved in the same folder. 

Then in MDT server, created a new application for Office365.In command line used the command :- setup.exe /config configuration.xml

Created a new task sequence for OS deployment and added the step install application for installation of Office365.

After creating a selection profile for the deployment, created a offline media for deployment of client machine.

Now while i am running the offline media on the bare-metal machine, after OS installation the deployment got stuck at step install Office 365. Got error message pop up, according to which internet connection needed during installation process so that the click to run set-up will download the office source files, It means this will not use the previously downloaded file which was saved in the same folder. 

So this is what my problem is.. How can i customize the configuration.xml file so that i can install office 365 with offline media. 

Regards

Pallavi

Friday, February 6, 2015 4:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Pallavi,

Try if this helps / clarifies on how to approach O365 installation:

http://renshollanders.nl/2014/02/office-365-automatic-deployment-of-office-365-with-mdt/

Cheers! Rens

If this post is helpful please click &quot;Mark for answer&quot;, thanks! Kind regards

Friday, February 6, 2015 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Pallavi,

Try if this helps / clarifies on how to approach O365 installation:

http://renshollanders.nl/2014/02/office-365-automatic-deployment-of-office-365-with-mdt/

Cheers! Rens

If this post is helpful please click &quot;Mark for answer&quot;, thanks! Kind regards

Friday, February 6, 2015 9:44 AM
  • <Add SourcePath=" "

....In source path, i leave it blank,so that it will use the office source files which was saved in the same folder. 

As per https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219426.aspx#BKMK_AddElement

SourcePath indicates the installation source path from which to install Office when you run the Office Deployment Tool in configure mode. If you don’t specify SourcePath in configure mode, Setup will look in the current folder for the Office source files. If the Office source files aren’t found in the current folder, Setup will look on Office 365 for them

So, for the /configure mode, you should remove the Sourcepath element completely - do not specify as <space>

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Friday, February 6, 2015 11:05 AM
  • Hi Rens,

Thanks alot for your helpful post...:) it works.. :) :)

Regards

Pallavi

Saturday, February 7, 2015 6:20 AM
  • Hi Pallavi,

Glad it did! Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers! Rens

Saturday, February 7, 2015 9:28 AM