how to switch the window's color to default? RRS feed

• Question

• my window's color suddenly become pink, how can I change it back to the default blue?
    Monday, November 18, 2013 1:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• I think what you're talking about is the color of Windows Aero. If this is the case, please do the following:

To change colors by changing the theme

When you click a new theme, you change the combination of pictures, colors, and sounds on your computer. Each theme includes a different window color. For more information about themes, see What is a theme?

1. Open Personalization by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type personalization, and then click Personalization.

2. Click a theme. The pictures, color, and sounds on your computer will change automatically.

To change colors manually

If you don't want to use the colors associated with your current theme, you can change colors on your computer manually.

1. Open Window Color and Appearance by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window glass colors.

2. Click the color you want, and then click Save changes.

<figure class="embedObject">Picture of available window colors<figcaption class="caption">Window colors that are available with Aero</figcaption></figure>
    Monday, November 18, 2013 2:06 AM
  • I got the color pallet, but this is a pinkshl hue on all of them, e.g. the first 2 color which are blue but what I see on my computer is a bit of pink shade in the lighter area.   So whatever color I change to, there is always some pink in my windows, such as the address bar in browser and window explorer.

I did not do anything when that happened. It was when I was typing a question in technet forum, the browser suddenly turned pink.

Is there a way to fix the pink hue on those color pallets?

Monday, November 18, 2013 2:58 PM
  • Hi,

You can try the system restore first to go back to a previous time point.

If this issue persists, give us some screenshot would be better to analyze this issue.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:18 PM
  • When log in as a different user the color is ok.  It is only this user account that has the pink hue.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:31 PM
  • Hi,

You still don’t give us the screenshot about your issue.

Do you try the system restore?

According to your description, you can repair your account to fix this issue:

Fix a corrupted user profile

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by QuickLaunch Saturday, November 23, 2013 12:29 AM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:37 AM
  • The article you linked to describes what happened in my case.

I think what happened was when I was doing a google search, maybe accidently clicked on a McAfee on the Ad area.  Then McAfee got on my computer when I was logging off.  That got my profile not read properly by windows.

I followed the link you provided to fix the profile by creating a new account and copy profile files to the new one.  Things are working fine with the new account. 

Thanks for your help Alex.

Saturday, November 23, 2013 12:29 AM