User Object not updating Direct Reports right RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing our Change Management system preparing for roll out, and in my test I submitted a change that required Line Managers Approval, and it just so happens, I had changed managers 6 months ago. Well, AD is and has been correct, but in my case I am showing as a direct report for BOTH my managers now, which cause the review activity to throw an error (See Below). I cannot even manually edit this in the User Form, I assume this will have to be fixed with PS, but can anyone tell me why it is not updating correctly? Just to reiterate, it added me to my new manager, but never removed me from my Old Manager. I verified in AD that AD is correct.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:32 PM

Answers

• To close this out, I contacted Microsoft Support and we basically had to rebuild all the Manager relationships that were wrong with a custom script. No idea how they got like this but it is working fine since this issue.
    • Marked as answer by Bill Crum Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:15 PM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:15 PM

All replies

• Sync of Manager information out of Active Directory seems to cause problems under some circumstances. There is a connect item logged which may be related to your issue: https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/Feedback/Details/1183474

The item seems to be misleadingly marked as closed however...

Cheers,
    Stefan

Blog: http://blog.jhnr.ch | Twitter: @JohnerStefan

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 10:37 AM
  • Thanks Stefan, I cant use that link but I am working on this issue with a Microsoft Support Engineer, hopefully we can reach the bottom of it.
    Friday, March 11, 2016 10:01 PM
  • To close this out, I contacted Microsoft Support and we basically had to rebuild all the Manager relationships that were wrong with a custom script. No idea how they got like this but it is working fine since this issue.
    • Marked as answer by Bill Crum Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:15 PM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:15 PM