AD FS is available in windows 10? RRS feed

• Question

• Plz bear with me. I new to MS AD FS. I have spun off windows 10 instance in aws workspaces. This instance comes with simple AD that handles user authentication. What I am trying to accomplish is glue this AD with existing oracle's OUD (LDAPv3 compliant directory) in a shop I work from so that AD would act as service provider and OUD would act as Identity Provider.

I just began to consume AD FS deployment guide however it sounds like AD FS is available only on windows server 2016, windows server 2012 R2 and windows server 2012.

Is there a way around to install AD FS on windows 10 somehow?

Monday, November 19, 2018 9:24 PM

Answers

• Plz bear with me. I new to MS AD FS. I have spun off windows 10 instance in aws workspaces. This instance comes with simple AD that handles user authentication. What I am trying to accomplish is glue this AD with existing oracle's OUD (LDAPv3 compliant directory) in a shop I work from so that AD would act as service provider and OUD would act as Identity Provider.

I just began to consume AD FS deployment guide however it sounds like AD FS is available only on windows server 2016, windows server 2012 R2 and windows server 2012.

No. Its a server role.

Monday, November 19, 2018 9:27 PM

All replies

No. Its a server role.

Monday, November 19, 2018 9:27 PM
  • Understood! Ty for your answer.
    Monday, November 19, 2018 9:33 PM
  • If you want an IDP that can connect to AD and federate with other IDP and runs on Windows 10, look at Identity Server.

Otherwise look at Identity as a Service e.g. Auth0, Okta , Azure AD etc.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 6:14 PM