Is there a way to restore a windows 7 profile? RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to connect my laptop with Windows 7 to a local server and  I came across the "Computer Connect" software. I installed it on my laptop and it wanted to do something like create an account on my laptop and then a part about copying my account information came up. I thought it meant copy all of my user account settings currently on the laptop to the new account so everything would be the same, but it looks like it did the opposite; it put the new user information over my old user account. Now all settings are reset to the default windows 7 set-up, my emails aren't set up in outlook, some programs won't run, bookmarks are no longer in the browser, I feel like I'm rebuilding my machine from scratch.

I tried to do system restore which brings me back to my original settings but nothing works including the search command. Even the internet wouldn't work. So I had to reverse the restore point. Is there anything else i can do to get my account settings back? Can I backup the account after doing a system restore then copy the account information after reversing the restore?
    • Edited by Brian Duda Wednesday, February 18, 2015 6:57 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 6:13 PM

Answers

• Is old profile still present on your system ? can you check users folder ? 

If the folder is deleted, you might need to restore the same using a 3rd party tool. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by arnavsharma Sunday, March 8, 2015 11:52 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 9:24 PM