none
E-Mail Accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Does Steady State 2.5 allow for the setup of an Outlook Express E-Mail account when Disk Protection is active?  If I am understand the disk protection correctly, it resets all changes made to the hard disk, and would result is deleting any received / sent messages.  Although I do need the prevent many other changes, the E-Mail accounts need to be fully functional.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 9:01 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Scott, if we turned on Windows Disk Protection and then configure Outlook Express email account, these settings may not retain in the system as Windows Disk Protection deletes the changes based on user's setting. It seems to me the only workaround is to set OE profile and data on another partition on the computer.

Monday, July 28, 2008 7:51 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Scott, if we turned on Windows Disk Protection and then configure Outlook Express email account, these settings may not retain in the system as Windows Disk Protection deletes the changes based on user's setting. It seems to me the only workaround is to set OE profile and data on another partition on the computer.

Monday, July 28, 2008 7:51 AM
  • That's what I thought, but thanks for confirming Sean.

Monday, July 28, 2008 9:13 AM