Sharing Desktop Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an issue with Skype (O365 version) where we cannot Share the desktop (or window), all other functionality appears to be working - Calls, Videos, sharing powerpoint etc.  You can not initiate or receive a desktop sharing request and get a "we had trouble starting your presentation" or "We couldnt connect to the presentation because of network issues" errors.

Skype is running in a Citrix hosted desktop environment (XenApp 7.15, not published apps) on servers running in Azure, with the HDX RealTime Connector installed (2.6).

I have tried the following

- Different versions of Office 365

- Different versions of the Citrix VDA

- Allowing all traffic through the firewall (Barracuda NGF F)

I did create a VM in Azure outside of our environment which worked ok.

I have checked the Skype logs and Event viewer but cant see anything useful to help me troubleshoot this issue?

Any suggestions on what I can try next?

Many Thanks

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 12:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, for Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack 2.6, when the Skype for Business client is delivered as a published application rather than as part of a full Windows desktop, desktop sharing is not supported. If you use desktop sharing, the server desktop is shared rather that the local desktop. Application sharing can be used to share other hosted applications during a Skype for Business call.

Reference: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/hdx-optimization/current-release/overview.html

Since we are not familiar with the Citrix configurations, I would highly recommend you to ask in a dedicated Citrix forum again to get closer support on this issue. :)

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Thursday, February 28, 2019 10:04 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 7:49 AM
  • I'm not using published apps, I want to share the server desktop.

What i'm looking for is a method to troubleshoot this, I will post in the Citrix forums.

Thanks

Thursday, February 28, 2019 10:10 AM
  • You are welcome, please feel free to let us know if you get any ideas from Citrix support that regarding changes that should be made in SFB server side. Would glad to help you if any.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 4, 2019 9:57 AM