Windows 7client will not join network in test environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I am going through setting up my test lab prior to my AD exam, I have 2 DC 2008 r2. set up and 1 windows 7client. Both DC can joking the network and talk. The windows 7 client cannot join the net work. I get the following message . An active directory domain controller (ad dc) for the domain gloom antics.com could not be detected. Ensure the domain name is typed correctly. If the details are correct. Click troubleshooting information. The following error occurred when DNSwas queried for the service location (SRV)resource record used to locate an active directory domain globe antics.com The error was this operation returned because the timeout period expired (error code 0x000005b4 error time out The query was for the SRV record for_ldap._tcp.dc_msdcs.globomantics.com The dns servers used by this computer name resolution are not responding. This computer is configured to use the dns servers with the following addresses: 192.168.5.3 192.168.5.2 Verify that this computer is connected to the network. That these are the correct DNS server IP addresses. And that at least one of the DNS severs is running. I have turned of all fire walls but still nothing. When I carry out a ping I get the following form the client PING: transmit failed. General failure. I am thinking it is something I have not set up on the client.
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:36 PM

All replies

• For better response, repost in a more appropriate forum.

This one is specifically for the end-of-life product Virtual Server 2005.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:06 PM