My laptop has become really slow RRS feed

• Question

• hello i have lenovo ideapad z560 .

one day when i started my laptop,the intel insyde h2o and starting windows was loading really slowly

and when i watched a video,it's audio and video were not clear.

now my speaker don't work.

please help me

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:17 AM

Answers

• Hi

Since you already reinstall your OS and issue still persist we already eliminate OS issue, so maybe this only setting, driver, 3rd party software issue or that files it self, little possibility Hardware issue since you still can play streaming video with no issue

Based on this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265523/en-us

1. You can also test the media content using   the Mplayer2.exe program, which is located in the C:\Program Files\Windows   Media Player folder. If MPlayer2 is able to properly play the media, check for   network and performance configuration issues in Windows Media Player

2. the content probably uses a   compression codec that is not installed on your computer. To ensure that you   have all of the codecs installed on your computer that are currently supported,   reinstall Windows Media Player from the following Microsoft Web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download

3. Verify that you have the proper and most up-to-date drivers for   your sound card. NetShow Services uses standard Windows compression codecs to   compress and decompress the audio. You may have a poorly implemented or   incorrect sound card driver that can cause problems with compressed audio.   Also, you may be using improper or outdated sound card drivers without   realizing it because all of the computer sounds that are included with Windows   are uncompressed audio files that can often be played even with incorrect or   mismatched drivers. This issue is not unique to NetShow Services as any   multimedia program that uses Windows sound codecs and compressed audio files   may exhibit similar behavior.

4. Can you also describe the files that you download (maybe download not complete causing this issue)?

5. Can you try to play another video files? If you still can play another video files, means the issue from your downloaded files

• Edited by britishdhez Monday, December 16, 2013 3:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, December 23, 2013 7:48 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 3:09 AM

All replies

• Hi

Since we will do a lot of troubleshooting steps here, I would suggest you to reinstall your OS

My concern is regarding your hardware and maybe some virus in your PC. Try to backup your data first and check your HW

But only if you don't mind. Maybe another person will give you better suggestion

• Edited by britishdhez Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:23 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:23 AM
  • To enable us to help you better, you need to provide as many details as you can about the problem you are experiencing.

If you design your question effectively, you can get good information from people who are knowledgeable about the topic and who are happy to help you.

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all.

What troubleshooting have you done so far?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:57 AM
  • Hi,

As Zigzag3143x mentioned, we need more details to determine the root cause for this.

Firstly, if the issue did not occur before, please try to use the system restore to return to the point which the problem did not appear.

Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest the following:

You might keep running Windows Update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device, if available.

In case there is conflict with third party software, boot into clean boot to check the result.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please also scan the computer viruses through Virus and Security Solution Center.

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_virsec_master?wa=wsignin1.0

If the issue persists, please give us the following information for our further research:

a. error logs

What information appears in event logs (Event Viewer)?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

b. Msinfo32 (Local Disk (C :) \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo).

Please use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the MSInfo and the error logs to a public folder and share the URLs with us.

I will be glad to assist you to analysis the data.

Hopefully you could resolve your issue soon.

Regards.

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:21 AM

•  when i opened a video on internet,the sound was clear and the video was fine too.i tried to open my downloaded video's with microsoft media player and vlc media player but the video was not played smoothly and the sound was not fine too.i have windows 7 professional 32 bit with intel core i3 processor 2.27ghz 2 gb ram and intel hd graphics and conexant cx20671 smartaudio hd speakers.the drivers are updated

Fill spaces with full stop or "."

skydrive live com/#cid=B121F7984C0FF82A&ID=B121F7984C0FF82A%21110

• Edited by Bhavesh Goel Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:40 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:01 AM
  • i reinstalled os but the same thing is happening
    Friday, December 13, 2013 6:16 PM
  • Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key (alternative is Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information). Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload to your Sky Drive, share with everyone and post a link here. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your Sky Drive and post a link here.

To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files.

For help with Sky Drive see paragraph 9.3:
    http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Hope this helps, Gerry

Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:53 AM
  • Hi

Since you already reinstall your OS and issue still persist we already eliminate OS issue, so maybe this only setting, driver, 3rd party software issue or that files it self, little possibility Hardware issue since you still can play streaming video with no issue

Based on this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265523/en-us

1. You can also test the media content using   the Mplayer2.exe program, which is located in the C:\Program Files\Windows   Media Player folder. If MPlayer2 is able to properly play the media, check for   network and performance configuration issues in Windows Media Player

2. the content probably uses a   compression codec that is not installed on your computer. To ensure that you   have all of the codecs installed on your computer that are currently supported,   reinstall Windows Media Player from the following Microsoft Web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download

3. Verify that you have the proper and most up-to-date drivers for   your sound card. NetShow Services uses standard Windows compression codecs to   compress and decompress the audio. You may have a poorly implemented or   incorrect sound card driver that can cause problems with compressed audio.   Also, you may be using improper or outdated sound card drivers without   realizing it because all of the computer sounds that are included with Windows   are uncompressed audio files that can often be played even with incorrect or   mismatched drivers. This issue is not unique to NetShow Services as any   multimedia program that uses Windows sound codecs and compressed audio files   may exhibit similar behavior.

4. Can you also describe the files that you download (maybe download not complete causing this issue)?

5. Can you try to play another video files? If you still can play another video files, means the issue from your downloaded files

• Edited by britishdhez Monday, December 16, 2013 3:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, December 23, 2013 7:48 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 3:09 AM