none
Problem with "Documents Icon" in indicators column of project center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am facing the problem with document icon in indicators column of Project center.

After adding document to my project in project site there is no "Document Icon" at project center

But some of the projects which was published by other PM's are showing, so why it is not showing to my project? 

Can you give me the solution??

Thanks in advance.

Venkat.

venkat

Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Venkat,

Have you replicated the steps in which other PM's have successfully added documents that show in project center? If so, you could try reconnecting your project to the project site and/or republish your project to see if that helps. 

Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:48 PM
  • Thanks Robert,

I replicated those steps, and i did the same. but still it hasn't showed me the icon.

So i got another related thread in the below link, i am going through that.

Thanks.

venkat

Friday, January 30, 2015 12:26 PM
  • Hi Robert,

I uploaded documents with the help of administrator that means System account. because there are so many documents from initiation to closure of my project with different folders and files.e Is it the reason?

Could you please give me correct steps to see the " documents Icon"

Thanks,

venkat

Friday, January 30, 2015 1:37 PM
  • Venkat,

a) Are you using PS2013 or PS2010?

b) Are you uploading the documents via the SharePoint Interface or using Windows Explorer. In PS2010, the icon will not show up, if the documents are uploaded via Windows Explorer.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Friday, January 30, 2015 3:41 PM
  • Hi Prasanna,

We are using PS 2013 and we  are uploading the documents by using windows explorer.

Please provide the better steps to upload the documents in 2013 so that we can get the Icon for them.

Thanks,

venkat

Monday, February 2, 2015 6:24 AM
  • Hi Prasanna,

We are using SharePoint interface but still issue is the same. But i am thinking it is a service pack issue and I saw it was fixed in the service pack 1 (Issues Fixed by Service Pack 1 (SP1) in Office and SharePoint 2013)

However thanks for your help and support, I hope soon my issue will be resolved.

Thanks,

venkat

Monday, February 23, 2015 9:44 AM
  • Hi Venkat,

Have you seen this blog post from Brian? Unfortunately, it seems to be by design and not fixable. Pay attention to the comments and particularly the one from Brian on 23 dec 2014:

"The document link problem will not be fixed. In SharePoint 2013 there are not the event receivers for documents that allow us to track the coming and going of documents."

Talking about PS2013 SP1, it fixes bugs related to icons but not this one. See this blog for reference.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, February 23, 2015 10:04 AM
  • Thanks for the nice clarification,

I look forward to see any solution for this issue.

Thanks,

venkat

Monday, February 23, 2015 11:38 AM
  • You're welcome!

Please mark any helpful reply (evenif unfortunately it was not the reply you were expecting) as an answer so other users with a similar concern can refer to it.

Hope this helps,

Monday, February 23, 2015 12:28 PM
  • Guillaume,

I think the 'issue' that Brian is talking about is that, the icon does not take you to the specific document library in which the document is uploaded in. It just takes you to the Project Site Home page.

This also means that there will be no icon at the "Task" level.

However, the icon will show up at the Project Center level, regardless of which doc library the document is uploaded into. I have confirmed this on my installation, with Dec 2014 CU.

So, I think the issue here is different.

Cheers,

Monday, February 23, 2015 5:29 PM
  • Thank you Prasanna for clarifying, I might have misread! I unmark my reply and we'll try to find the root cause.

Hope this helps,

Monday, February 23, 2015 9:55 PM
  • No problem.

Here is another thread, similar to this, where Paul Mather and I are discussing the same.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/54a17844-31df-4c4b-b0a6-8320d285dac3/afte-uploading-the-document-icon-not-reflecting-in-project-center-environment-project-server?forum=projectserver2010general

Cheers,

Monday, February 23, 2015 10:02 PM
  • Hi again Prasanna,

Just read this similar very recent post. Paul gives us the right picture, as usual.

Hope this helps,

Monday, February 23, 2015 10:05 PM