none
Change working time for a resource calendar RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project using its own resources. 2 of the resources will work a half day every 3rd Friday. I tried to set this up in Change Working Time as follows:

1. Select ResourceA
    2. Enter "ResourceA half day" in the Exceptions tab
    3. Click Details
    4. Select Working Times radio button
    5. Delete the 1:00-5:00 times, get an error: "This value is not valid in this situation. Check the field to see if it requires text, a date, or a number, and that you typed the information correctly."

If I select the Nonworking radio button, the whole day becomes unavailable which I do not want. I have the recurrence pattern set as Weekly, every 3 weeks on Friday, but I cannot figure out how to indicate that the working hours are only 8-12.

Is there another way to do this?

I'm using Microsoft Project Standard 2010.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:55 PM

All replies

• MBradford7613,

It's a matter of how you delete the 1:00-5:00 time. If you try to delete each separately, you will get the error noted. However if you select the whole row and delete, you will be good to go.

Project can be a little fussy at times.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:08 PM
  • John,

Thanks for your help! I tried selecting the whole row to delete, but I'm getting the same error. I actually get stuck when I click "OK" on the error popup since clicking on anything else in the Details window returns the error popup continuously. Only clicking "Cancel", then clicking "OK" in the error popup one more time, then "Cancel" again will finally stop the error.

Any thoughts?

MBradford

Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:30 PM
  • MBradford,

Before I answered the first time, I went through your sequence and it works fine as long as you delete the entire row of working time as I indicated. Try backing the exception out and doing it again. However, before you do that, do you have SP1 installed? If not, go to, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587, download and install it.

John

Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:42 PM
  • John,

I tried deleting and redoing to no avail. The same problem persists. I also downloaded the 2010 SP1, but it wouldn't install since my Microsoft Office Suite is 2007 (SP3 installed), even though I have Project 2010. Would that cause issues?

-MBradford

Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:55 PM
  • MBradford,

There is a separate service pack for Office and another for Project. If you have Office 2007 then you indeed should have SP3 [for Office] installed. If SP1 didn't install I'm guessing you downloaded and attempted to install SP1 for Office. What you need to do is download SP1 for Project 2010 and install that.

John

Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:47 PM
  • John,

I found out that I do have SP1 for Project 2010 installed. Thank you for your help, and do let me know if you have any other advice.

-MBradford

Friday, January 25, 2013 2:31 PM