Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG and Vista issues RRS feed

• Question

• So I just downloaded and installed the Vista build 5600 and was going to try it out. Problem is it doesn't want to recognize my wireless card (in the title). I noticed a thread similar to this relating to the previous build of Vista (5536) and it seemed to work for some people. It's not working for me. I'm installing the latest drivers from Intel's site and Vista only seems to recognize drivers for the 3945 series in those drivers. Needless to say, none of those cards are compatable with the 2200BG.
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?&DwnldID=11342
    I ran the Dinst64 (as an admin) that came with it and it completed the procedure successfully, but it only added the 3945 drivers. I'm really confused as to what to do to get my wireless working. Without this I can't activate Vista and I'll lose it within two weeks! :(
    Thursday, September 28, 2006 3:01 PM

All replies

• Sorry 'bout the double posting. I figured out why it wasn't installing. The Intel drivers for the 2200 and 2915 are not digitally signed. This means that Vista won't install them by default. Is there ANY way to install un-signed drivers? This is really driving me crazy! Either Vista needs to allow exceptions or Intel needs to get a sig on this driver version. I know this card is still being made, I sell them at the computer store I work at.
    Friday, September 29, 2006 3:21 PM
  • So I'm sorry about the triple posting and all, but let me give a few more details.
    I'm running Vista (Ultimate x64) RC1 Build 5600. I tried hitting F8 and allowing loading of unsigned drivers. When that didn't work I tried accessing the bcd*something* program and typed /set nounsignedinstall NO after disabling UAP. Neither of those worked, I'm afraid. I point to the folder with the 9.0.4.17 version drivers (both 32-bit and 64 bit) and the installer will either bring up the 3945 drivers or no drivers at all that match my device.
    I can't figure out how to get wireless unless Intel gets this driver signed, which doesn't seem likely. At this point, equally unlikely is my chance of getting the actual release of Vista...
    Monday, October 2, 2006 2:43 AM