none
Unlock Timesheets in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there a possibility to unlock the timesheets in Project Server 2013? If yes, can you please let us know the process of how to do the same? 

I was using Project Server 2003, i used to unlock the timesheets for the whole Organization from Customize Project Web Access in Project Server 2003. Now, i would like to know how to do the same in Project Server 2013

Thank you,

Siva Chaitanya.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:28 AM

All replies

• hi,

Can you please provide more explanation what you mean by "Unlock Timesheet", what you are trying to achieve so we can suggest accordingly.  

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 8:08 AM
  • Hi Syed,

Thank you so much for your reply. 

When i said "unlock timesheet", in Project Server 2003, we can lock or unlock timesheets for previous dates or future dates as on when required, which would enable to edit/enter the time for earlier dates or future dates. 

My goal in Project Server 2013 is to unlock the timesheets of resources/team members for previous dates. Can we unlock the timesheets in Project Server 2013? Please let me know.

Thank you,

Shiva Chaitanya.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:25 PM
  • Hi Siva,

In PS2013 you define reporting periods in timesheets, you can define a range of dates for each period and you can Keep the status of the reporting period as Open or Closed. 

You can go about Server Settings--> Time Reporting Periods (under Time and Task management). Here you will be able to define time reporting periods for the users.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:52 PM
  • Hi Syed,

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it. I found the time reporting periods tab under time and task management for unlocking/locking. 

Another clarification needed - Can we be able to define time reporting periods for few users? or the timesheet periods  would be locked/unlocked for all the users? Kindly clarify.

Thank you,

Shiva Chaitanya.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 6:40 AM
  • Hi Shiva,

The reporting time period is applicable for all users in the PWA instance we can not limit it to few users. Try using Calendars for altered no. of hours if you have a scenario like that. But again Calendar will only affect his engagement in work timesheet reporting period would be the same for all.

Regards,

Faizan.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:29 AM