none
Exchange 2007 issues RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

we are using exchange 2007 and outlook 2007. We need to send marketing emails from one of our email address. Marketing is being done by some other company. When then try to send us emails from address 'marketing@mydomain.com' our exchange server doesn't accept the message, as it believes to be sending 'emails' from 'mydomain.com' itself. Is there a way I can accomplish this. 

Many Thanks

Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:48 PM

Answers

• I'm thinking if you setup a relay connector and restrict it down to their IP and do not allow anonymous relay, so emails can only be sent internally.

I assume your customers internal & external and the issue you are having is only with your SMTP domain and not SMTP domains that are NOT owned by you.

Sukh

Friday, November 9, 2012 12:54 PM

All replies

• You mean your "Mydomain" and their "Mydomain" is the same ?

am not getting it . sorry

Satheshwaran Manoharan | Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 | Blog:http://www.careexchange.in | Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you ------------- I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:08 PM
  • they are sending as us,

meaning our domain is mydomain.com and they are sending as marketing@mydomain.com. 

Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:21 PM
  • Do we have AD trust . Between these domains ?

Satheshwaran Manoharan | Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 | Blog:http://www.careexchange.in | Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you ------------- I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:33 PM
  • its a bulk email company and is not in our AD trust. They are just doing an email campign for us .
    Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:53 PM
  • Hi ,

Just to be clear, the other company in another domain ? they send email on behalf of your mailbox ?

Would you describe the background between two domains ?

Wendy Liu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 9, 2012 7:26 AM
  • hi,

they are both separate companies. We are a small business and the other company is doing a 'Bulk EMail Marketing Campaign' on our behalf. So we want our customers to see emails coming from us not from the marketing company.

Thanks

Friday, November 9, 2012 10:23 AM
  • I'm thinking if you setup a relay connector and restrict it down to their IP and do not allow anonymous relay, so emails can only be sent internally.

I assume your customers internal & external and the issue you are having is only with your SMTP domain and not SMTP domains that are NOT owned by you.

Sukh

Friday, November 9, 2012 12:54 PM