From information missing from some messages RRS feed

• Question

• Exchange 2010 Enterprise: We have a shared email account that many people have full Access Permission to.

Looking at the list of messages in the Inbox, some (NOT ALL) of them have no information in the 'From' field unless the message is opened or selected for preview. As a test I gave myself full access permission to the account, and added it as a separate Outlook profile, and it does the same thing to me so it's definitely something on the server side.

Friday, June 16, 2017 6:45 PM

All replies

• Hi

From where you are checking the mails and not finding the From field is missing, the problem is on Outlook, Mobile device or OWA ? This is not seems to be a server related issue, you need to checkout at client end.

please provide more and clear information.

Regards.

H.Shakir

• Edited by H Shakir Friday, June 16, 2017 11:08 PM
    Friday, June 16, 2017 11:07 PM
  • Hi,

The following troubleshooting steps for reference

1. Open shared mailbox via OWA, then check from address. (I suppose it shows fine, because it works when you open message via Outlook)
    2. If From field shows fine in OWA, we need to troubleshoot outlook problems. And close outlook, restart outlook in this command line: Outlook.exe /cleanviews. This command will restores default views. All custom views you created are lost.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-Li Monday, July 3, 2017 1:26 AM
    Tuesday, June 20, 2017 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? 

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 10, 2017 1:49 AM