How to Restore Heading 1, Heading 2, etc. within a Word Document RRS feed

• Question

• Hello again,

Figured I would make a new thread for this because it's slightly different from my other question.  I have been using Table of Contents styles for quite a while now.  It came to my attention at some point that Word and my other pdf-creating program can only create bookmarks based off the default Heading 1, Heading 2, etc. styles in Word. 

I am currently working on a template and I deleted (by right clicking and choosing Remove) most of the default style boxes from Word styles menu (I'm running Word 2010 on Windows 7 Home).  I have made a lot of progress with my template, but now I would like to bring those Heading 1, Heading 2, etc. styles back into the styles menu for my current template. 

Any ideas on how to achieve this? Thank you in advance for any time or assistance you can provide.  :)

Rocky

Monday, November 14, 2011 7:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can apply the styles to text from the Apply Styles pane (Ctrl+Shift+S). Click the Modify button and select “Add to Quick Style list.” If you want to transfer the setting to your template, do the following: Before clicking OK, select “New documents based on this template.”

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Charles Kenyon Monday, September 18, 2017 3:41 PM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:50 AM
  • Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:16 AM
  • resolved on my own, available at How to Restore Heading 1, Heading 2, etc.

• Edited by cheetrowe Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:17 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:24 AM
  • This is not an answer. The link leads to an external site that refers to a different issue. Please at least copy and paste the relevant content here!
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:07 PM
  • This is not an answer. The link leads to an external site that refers to a different issue. Please at least copy and paste the relevant content here!

Since this is an old thread, I recommend that you start a new thread. Remember to explain which version of Word you are runnning.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Friday, March 16, 2018 11:41 PM

It goes to another site where the person asked the same question as here. Everything posted here has been relevant to the original post. I suppose that you might be referring Paul's post about cross-posting. That, too, is extremely relevant, information needed by the original poster.

I join Stefan is suggesting that if you need assistance you post a new question, telling us what you are trying to do, together with what you've tried, what the results have been, and what you wanted instead.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Sunday, March 18, 2018 2:13 AM