none
Win 10 Pro (1809) - Client Connector software don't work !! RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not able to connect a new Windows 10 Pro (1809) client to Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2.

When trying to launch the connector I received this error: "An unexpected error occured..."

In system event viewer I noticed the event id 4097 - Netjoin - Error Code 2700.

Server is updated with last updates from Windows update.

It seem that connector was not updated

I found this article but did not solve the issue:

http://blog.gaiterjones.com/windows-10-server-essentials-connector-doesnt-work-windows-upgrade/

Could you help me to solve ?

WHat happen if I join client using the manual method ?

Thnak you

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Andy and thank you for your reply.

I tried all without success but, after analyzing the computerconnector.log file, I noticed issues messages related to domain.

So.. I investigated in client and discovered that somebody associated the local user to an AD Azure domain (Office 365). 

I removed the association and… guess what…. it works !!!

In fact, I use the "old" connector software (6.3.9600.18378) and all work fine.

Two question more:

I noticed that you have a connector newer version of mine.

WHere I can download ?

Could I use the Server 2016 or 2019 version of connector in a 2012 R2 enviroment ?

Thank you

• Marked as answer by Aldo_ Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:03 AM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:03 AM

All replies

• hi,
    0 "a new Windows 10 Pro (1809) client"
      is this client with a clean installed win10(1809) instance or upraded from win7(or win10 1709) instance ?
    1 Are your problematical win10 client and server essentials in the same local subnet network?
    2 You can try to disable internet protocol version 6(tcp/ipv6) in ethernet properties on win10 temporarily.Set static ipv4 ip for win10 and set preferred dns ip to point to server essentials.
    3 after you download server essentials connector from essentials website on your problematical win10,can you check the essentials connector version like picture ?
    4 can you enter winver in command prompt on both win10 computer and server essentials then look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]
    Windows Server Essentials Connector An Unexpected Error Occurred
    https://windowsserveressentials.com/2018/06/28/windows-server-essentials-connector-an-unexpected-error-occurred/

Get Connected in Windows Server Essentials
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj713510(v=ws.11).aspx#BKMK_14

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:30 AM
  • Hi Andy and thank you for your reply.

I tried all without success but, after analyzing the computerconnector.log file, I noticed issues messages related to domain.

So.. I investigated in client and discovered that somebody associated the local user to an AD Azure domain (Office 365). 

I removed the association and… guess what…. it works !!!

In fact, I use the "old" connector software (6.3.9600.18378) and all work fine.

Two question more:

I noticed that you have a connector newer version of mine.

WHere I can download ?

Could I use the Server 2016 or 2019 version of connector in a 2012 R2 enviroment ?

Thank you

• Marked as answer by Aldo_ Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:03 AM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:03 AM
  • hi,
    "I noticed that you have a connector newer version of mine.
    WHere I can download ?"
    I download this version connector from my window 2016 standard with server essentials role ,it is only a sample.
    Could I use the Server 2016 or 2019 version of connector in a 2012 R2 environment ?
    No, you can't do that ,because there is ip address of server essential included in essential connector software. like picture.client computer is added to AD domain by using essentials connector to find server essentials.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:05 PM