none
alerting the status manager when he gets a new approval RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

is it possible to set something like "alert me" for the status manager when he gets a new approval? But, we want it only for single status managers or project leaders.

Thank you and kind regards

Murol

• Edited by Murol Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:15 PM
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:10 PM

Answers

• Murol --

In Project Server, there is an Alerts and Reminders feature that you can use for this purpose.  However, your Project Server administrator must enable the Alerts and Reminders feature in order for this to work.  Once it is enabled, your PMs can set up their own e-mail subscriptions for Alerts and Reminders.  In Project Server 2010, this is found in the Personal Settings page in PWA.  In Project Server 2013, this if found on the Server Settings page in PWA in the Personal Settings section of the page.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Murol Friday, March 6, 2015 1:33 PM
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:30 PM
  • Hi,

I think Dale already answered your question. You will need to make sure that the SMTP mail server and From email address must be configured in the Alerts and Reminders (under Operational Policies) in order for the PM options to be available

Paul

• Marked as answer by Murol Friday, March 6, 2015 1:34 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2015 12:10 PM
  • Murol --

Once you set up the e-mail Alerts and Reminders, both project managers and team members will begin receiving e-mail messages from Project Server.  It is up to each individual user to configure his/her own e-mail subscriptions from that point forward.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Murol Friday, March 6, 2015 2:38 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2015 1:56 PM

All replies

• Murol --

In Project Server, there is an Alerts and Reminders feature that you can use for this purpose.  However, your Project Server administrator must enable the Alerts and Reminders feature in order for this to work.  Once it is enabled, your PMs can set up their own e-mail subscriptions for Alerts and Reminders.  In Project Server 2010, this is found in the Personal Settings page in PWA.  In Project Server 2013, this if found on the Server Settings page in PWA in the Personal Settings section of the page.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Murol Friday, March 6, 2015 1:33 PM
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:30 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your answer. But in our environment of project server 2010 the project managers cannot manage their own alerts because they don't see it in he Personal Settings. They only see the Delegate Settings.

Kind regards

Murol

Friday, March 6, 2015 10:14 AM
  • Hi,

I think Dale already answered your question. You will need to make sure that the SMTP mail server and From email address must be configured in the Alerts and Reminders (under Operational Policies) in order for the PM options to be available

Paul

• Marked as answer by Murol Friday, March 6, 2015 1:34 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2015 12:10 PM
  • Hello Paul and Dale,

My administrative user sees the manage alerts option. I made a mistake. I acted as a delegate from a normal project manager and saw only .

When I logged as the normal project manager, I see and can manage alerts.

But, there is the next question: per default are for all users under "Manage My Alerts" and under "Manage My Resources Alerts" all tasks alerts set. What happens when I set up and turn on the notifications under "Alerts and Reminders" ??? Do all project managers get emails?

IT would be better to disable first all task alerts for all project managers. But, how can we do this?

Thanks and kind regards

Murol

Friday, March 6, 2015 1:33 PM
  • Murol --

Once you set up the e-mail Alerts and Reminders, both project managers and team members will begin receiving e-mail messages from Project Server.  It is up to each individual user to configure his/her own e-mail subscriptions from that point forward.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Murol Friday, March 6, 2015 2:38 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2015 1:56 PM
  • Hello Dale,

thanks, it helps.

But, I think, we should not enable the Alert and Reminders feature. At us, team members have no chance to configure the alert features. And, the project managers won't configure the alert features.

Kind regards

Murol

Friday, March 6, 2015 2:38 PM