Exchange 07 Event ID 1174 when enabling UM on maibox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!

I'm having an issue with getting a user UM enabled on our Exchange 07 server.  I just turned up the UM role and was able to UM enable two other users.

However the process fails when attempting to UM enable a certain users mailbox.  I have all of the UM logging turned up to expert and the error below is the only error I see.  Exchange server name and username changed to protect the innocent.

I will say that I have already used the MS Exchange MAPI Editor application to check her mailbox and the folder referenced "Common Views" does exist.  I compared the properties of this folder to another users Common Views folder using MAPI Editor and confirmed that there are a couple of properties in other users Common Views folders that her folder is missing but copying these attributes/properties over to the affected user had no effect on the issue.  

Further notes:  The Exchange server is on SP3.  Update Roll-up 5 currently needs to be installed.

Log Name:      Application

Source:        MSExchange Unified Messaging

Date:          1/23/2012 11:07:20 AM

Event ID:      1174

Task Category: UMWorkerProcess

Level:         Warning

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:   mail-um.someorg.local

Description:

An error occurred while performing the following operation: 'Initialize UM Mailbox' for user 'User'. 'Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ObjectNotFoundException: Default folder CommonViews not found.

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Folder.Bind(MailboxSession session, DefaultFolderType defaultFolderType, PropertyDefinition[] propsToReturn)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.OutlookSearchFolder.FindAssociatedMessageId()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.OutlookSearchFolder.MakeVisibleToOutlook(Boolean replaceAssociatedMessageIfPresent)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.DefaultFolderManager.CreateNewDefaultFolder(StoreObjectId containerId, String displayName, DefaultFolderInfo defaultFolderInfo)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.DefaultFolderManager.CreateOrHijackDefaultFolder(DefaultFolderInfo defaultFolderInfo, StoreObjectId containerId, Boolean& wasFolderCreated)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.DefaultFolderManager.CreateOrHijackDefaultFolderAndStampProperties(IStorePropertyBag storeobject, DefaultFolderInfo defaultFolderInfo, StoreObjectId containerId)

at Microsoft.Exchange.'

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="MSExchange Unified Messaging" />

<EventID Qualifiers="32772">1174</EventID>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>1</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-01-23T16:07:20.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>1568</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer> mail-um.someorg.local </Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Initialize UM Mailbox</Data>

<Data>Samantha Bowers</Data>

<Data>Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ObjectNotFoundException: Default folder CommonViews not found.

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Folder.Bind(MailboxSession session, DefaultFolderType defaultFolderType, PropertyDefinition[] propsToReturn)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.OutlookSearchFolder.FindAssociatedMessageId()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.OutlookSearchFolder.MakeVisibleToOutlook(Boolean replaceAssociatedMessageIfPresent)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.DefaultFolderManager.CreateNewDefaultFolder(StoreObjectId containerId, String displayName, DefaultFolderInfo defaultFolderInfo)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.DefaultFolderManager.CreateOrHijackDefaultFolder(DefaultFolderInfo defaultFolderInfo, StoreObjectId containerId, Boolean&amp; wasFolderCreated)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.DefaultFolderManager.CreateOrHijackDefaultFolderAndStampProperties(IStorePropertyBag storeobject, DefaultFolderInfo defaultFolderInfo, StoreObjectId containerId)

at Microsoft.Exchange.</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Monday, January 23, 2012 4:45 PM

All replies