Creating Outlook Profile differences by Method RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon -

I am aware of 3 different methods to create a new Outlook profile

1) Open Outlook /safe, Choose Profile, Options, New   (if Outlook wont open)

2) Open Outlook normally, Account Settings, Account Settings, Email tab, New

3) Control Panel, User Account, Mail applet

My question is:

Assuming an Outlook Profile is corrupt:
               Is there a preferred method for creating a new profile for the same e-mail address.

For example:

Profile Name: Outlook       Email address:  cartmen@southpark.org

Create new Profile:  ECartmen      Email address:  cartmen@southpark.org

Then removing Profile Name: Outlook

Thank you in advance! 

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 10:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to our forum.

>> Open Outlook normally, Account Settings, Account Settings, Email tab, New

This is not a method to create new profile, this is the method to configure a new email account on current profile. The right method: In Outlook > File > Account Settings > Manage Profiles, choose Show Profiles > Add.

>> Is there a preferred method for creating a new profile for the same e-mail address.

Once you have created a new profile, it is required to configure a email account on it. So if your current profile is corrupt, it is suggested to just create a new profile via method 3 and configure the same email address on it then delete the old profile. This should be the preferred method .

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 1:57 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 7, 2020 7:56 AM