Conflict between DVD drive and 3G Huawei modem! RRS feed

• Question

• cuerrently i use windows 7 ultimate RTM.
      the conflict made between my DVD drive (samsung) and 3G modem (Huawei). after installation the windows 7 ultimate, when i connect my 3G modem (dial up connectivity) and eject my dvd drive for dvd play or other works, it's open but then close not stay to putting the disc. also if i play a dvd and connect the dial up connection the dvd play is do hang. the it does respons and the windows explorer show not responding.

(this connection properly work at windows vista do not make any error with dvd drive or other else)
      i think it's create problem at windows 7 stage, so what can i do?

please answer ... i will wait for it

( also sorry for my english status, it is not my first language )
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 11:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, this issue shall be caused by hardware. It is highly recommended contacting the hardware manufacturer to check the issue.

In addition, we also can try the suggestions below to narrow down the cause:

-       Unplug the 3G modem and see if the DVD works properly. If not, the issue shall be related to DVD. Otherwise, if the issue does not occur, it shall be related to the 3G modem. Please move on.

-       Update the driver from Huawei and see if the dial up software and modem driver is compatible with Windows 7.

-      Also, test the issue in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, September 18, 2009 1:23 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:49 AM