blue screen and unexpected shut down RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi.. everybody..i need some help with unexpected shut down... plz...
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 11:52 PM

Answers

• Oneshotklock

Go to Control Panel, click 'Classic View' in the Task Pane. Double click the 'System' Icon. Select 'Advanced System Settings' in the Task Pane. In the 'Startup and Recovery' section, click on the 'Settings' button.

In the 'System Failure' section, remove the check mark from the 'Automatically Restart' option. Make sure there is a check mark in the 'Write an event to the system log' option. Apply/OK.

This will allow the blue screen to stay on the screen until you dismiss it.

There is important information on that screen that we need to know about. See the following image, the important parts are bordered in red on the image.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa86/rvmv/BSODDetails.jpg

Let us know.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

Thursday, June 19, 2008 2:07 AM

All replies

• Shadow

You will need to give us some details?

How often do the unexpected shutdows occur?

What happens when the shutdowns occur, does the blue screen flash by too quickly to read?

Does this happen only when you are performing certain functions or is it completely random?

Does the computer restart, automatically after the shutdown or do you have to manually restart?

Let us know.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the right of this message.
    This will help others who are having this issue find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Friday, June 6, 2008 12:17 AM
  • Hello,
    I wanted to ask you about an issue I am having that is very simular to the one you had. My computer is shutting down by it's self. It seems to be doing it when the computer is idling, like say for instance, I am on the the computer reading emails or something and I stop and pause, it shuts down and I have to reboot it back up manually. I don't notice a blue screen, it just shuts down Can you tell me why it is doing this? What can I do to fix it? Did you get a solution to your problem
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:30 AM
  •  Ronnie Vernon MVP wrote:

Shadow

You will need to give us some details?

How often do the unexpected shutdows occur?

What happens when the shutdowns occur, does the blue screen flash by too quickly to read?

Does this happen only when you are performing certain functions or is it completely random?

Does the computer restart, automatically after the shutdown or do you have to manually restart?

Let us know.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the right of this message.
    This will help others who are having this issue find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

HEY Ronnie!

I am having the same thing as shadow.. My shutdown occurs at least once or twice a day while connected to the internet.. when it shuts down it does flash to quickly to read and it is a blue screen.. Locale 1033! It doesn't happen durning certain functions it happens unexpectantly and yes my computer does atomatically restart on its own.. Could you please tell me what the problem is and how to fix it..

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:06 PM
  • Oneshotklock

Go to Control Panel, click 'Classic View' in the Task Pane. Double click the 'System' Icon. Select 'Advanced System Settings' in the Task Pane. In the 'Startup and Recovery' section, click on the 'Settings' button.

In the 'System Failure' section, remove the check mark from the 'Automatically Restart' option. Make sure there is a check mark in the 'Write an event to the system log' option. Apply/OK.

This will allow the blue screen to stay on the screen until you dismiss it.

There is important information on that screen that we need to know about. See the following image, the important parts are bordered in red on the image.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa86/rvmv/BSODDetails.jpg

Let us know.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

Thursday, June 19, 2008 2:07 AM
  • Dear Ronnie

as you asked me to explain more about the problem, well this is what it comes when it goes to blue screen. the name blue screen the OS version (6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2) these are the thing which comes when the blue screeen comes. by the way i did what you have just told me to do and im honna wait and see if it will back again or not. let me tell you this, when the blue screen comes  only Ten second the restar Automatic. please fed back as soon as you get the chance.

Saturday, June 21, 2008 11:55 PM
  • Medo4

Follow the instructions in my last message to disable the 'automatic restart' and this will give you more time to read the information on that blue screen.

Let me know what you find.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:31 AM
  • I just had one of these unexpected blue screen shutdowns, whats the deal here? Info as follows....

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 124

BCP1: 00000000

BCP2: 85FB6028

BCP3: B6000000

BCP4: 00070F0F

OS Version: 6_0_6001

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini100709-01.dmp

C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-152178-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3699.tmp.version.txt

Please let me know what you think I can do to stop this from happening in the future.

Thanks for your help!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:59 AM
  • Hello SonicElmo

this same thing happens to me twice today as i refreash window yesterday my information is something like that

Product
    Windows

Problem
    Shut down unexpectedly

Date
    10/7/2009 2:02 AM

Status
    More information available

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
    OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
    Locale ID:    1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
    Mini100709-01.dmp
    sysdata.xml
    Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
    BCCode:    a
    BCP1:    BADFFFFC
    BCP2:    00000002
    BCP3:    00000000
    BCP4:    81A518C1
    OS Version:    6_0_6002
    Service Pack:    2_0
    Product:    256_1
    Server information:    2355816c-dd79-468b-a058-cfccaceea7ab

is there any way to solve it thanks in advance
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 3:48 PM
  • Hello SonicElmo

this same thing happens to me twice today as i refreash window yesterday my information is something like that

Product
    Windows

Problem
    Shut down unexpectedly

Date
    10/7/2009 2:02 AM

Status
    More information available

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
    OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
    Locale ID:    1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
    Mini100709-01.dmp
    sysdata.xml
    Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
    BCCode:    a
    BCP1:    BADFFFFC
    BCP2:    00000002
    BCP3:    00000000
    BCP4:    81A518C1
    OS Version:    6_0_6002
    Service Pack:    2_0
    Product:    256_1
    Server information:    2355816c-dd79-468b-a058-cfccaceea7ab

i am also facing the same problem here please could you tell us about the matter...

we would be grateful...

Friday, November 6, 2009 7:32 PM
  • I had the same problem today 2x, but I was running Prime95 Stress Test to see if my system is stable.  I did this test under XP, and it went fine.  I will try to give you the message about the error, but I recall was similar to the one above.

So, any solution?

Sincerely,

Perry

Sunday, May 9, 2010 2:33 AM