Broken trust between computers and domain RRS feed

• Question

• I have had the ATA evaluation running for a month now, and I noticed a new suspicious activity:

Broken trust between computers and domain.  The trust relationship between <COMPUTER> and the domain is broken. Group policy is not applied (security violation). Users cannot log into the computers.

What does this mean?  I checked the computer and I can log into the computer with a domain account.  I don't see any errors in the event logs regarding a broken trust.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:56 PM

All replies

• Typical manifestation of this problem is that the computer displays a message saying "the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed" and you cannot log onto the computer using a domain account. But someone might have fixed it in the meantime or cached credentials might have been used instead of AD authentication.

Try using the "Export to Excel" feature and check if the machine is still bombarding a DC with failed authentication requests. If it had stopped at some point, you can mark the alert as Resolved.

Saturday, June 18, 2016 9:45 AM