Windows 7 to Windows 7 Lan connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Ive currently got a few computers set up over my network and have set up a main server (even though its running windows 7) and set up a network drive from all computers to this server.  I can grab files from this server with speeds about 10 mb/s.  However when I try to write to the same drive i get very slow speeds, such as 128kb/s from my main computer and 1mb/s from my laptop.

I was wondering if there were some settings ive missed as ive set it up as a network drive (also tried shared folder with same results).

Server has a brand new hdd inside it and when i had it connected directly into my main computer i was writing to it at 100mb/s (from a usb 3.0 external hdd).

Thanks

Monday, April 20, 2015 3:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First of all, we need to know, reading speed is always faster than writing speed.

Did you mean you map the drive of main Server to other clients or share the drive of clients to main Server?

Please only keep current connection and disconnect others to try again.

If the situation is the same, please update main Server drivers and Disabling TCP/UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4) and TCP/UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6) as below:

1. From the Run command: ncpa.cpl (or go via Control panel to Network connections)
    2. Right click on 'local area connection' > properties
    3. Click 'configure' to open new dialog box
    4. In 'Advanced' tab: select TCP/UDP checksum Offload (IPv4) and TCP/UDP checksum Offload (IPv6) & select 'Disabled' from drop-down menu.

Meanwhile, please refer to this article:

http://www.howtosolutions.net/2013/06/fixing-slow-sending-or-receiving-of-files-through-lan-network-using-windows/#.VTWyMHkfoic

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:50 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 2:39 AM