password RRS feed

• Question

• cant remove or change password because wife changed my password and now she cant seem to remember it!!!!!
    Monday, August 1, 2011 9:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you don't have a backup, I'm afraid you need to reinstall the system.

Please note there could be a risk to use some third-party tool or modifying registry to fix this.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, August 8, 2011 6:52 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:07 AM

All replies

• There are lots of different ways to reset forgotten passwords. Since you didnt mention was version of windows you have  check this thread

http://4sysops.com/archives/three-ways-to-reset-a-windows-vista-admin-password/

Regards,

~G

~G
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 1:46 AM
  • Hi,

If you don't have a backup, I'm afraid you need to reinstall the system.

Please note there could be a risk to use some third-party tool or modifying registry to fix this.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, August 8, 2011 6:52 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:07 AM
  • Re-installing the OS is not the only solution. This works 100%, tried and tested (no 3rd party tools involved).

To fix this, you'll need the Windows 7 DVD. Use this DVD to boot from it and click on "System Repair" option that you see just before the installation starts. Follow the procedure described in the zip file that I have uploaded here for you: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b7a1e5ef7ab6d25#cid=5B7A1E5EF7AB6D25&id=5B7A1E5EF7AB6D25!113

Please revert back here if you need any help. Hope this helps!

Caution: Involves modifying the registry. Proceed only if you are familiar with the registry.

Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast.
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:13 PM