windows steady state and usb key!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I have a big problem with windows steady state!!

When i  want to remove usb key the computer crash and reboot!! I must disable hard drive protection in order to  remove correctly a usb key!!!  using or not using hot plug computer crash!!!

Anybody have solution!!!
    I have 5 computer new desktop working with intel dual core and windows xp professional!! Please help me!!!

Thanks you very much!!!
    Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:11 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Gleny,

Thank you for posting here!

To get more background information, I would appreciate your help in clarifying the following questions:

1. Does this issue occur on other computers?

2. What’s a USB key? Do you mean a USB Flash Drive?

3. Does this issue occur when using other USB devices?

4. Is there any error message when computer crashes?

This issue can be caused by software or driver conflicts. To troubleshoot this issue, we can perform the following steps:

Suggestion 1: Disable Automatically Restart

=============

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer and then choose Properties.

2. Choose the Advanced tab.

3. Click on the Settings button in the "Startup and Recovery" part.

4. Click to uncheck the “Automatically restart” option.

5. Click OK to close the window.

Does the computer still restart when the issue occurs.

Suggestion 2: Clean Boot

============

Let’s disable all startup items and third party services when booting. This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:

1. Click Start, go to Run, and type "msconfig" in the open box to start the System Configuration Utility.

2. Click the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click Disable All.

3. Click the Startup tab, click Disable All and click OK.

Then, restart your computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

4. Please check this issue again.

Note: Temporarily disabling the Startup Group only prevents the startup programs from loading at startup. This shouldn't affect the system or other programs. We may still manually run these programs later.

Hope the above information helps.

Best Regards,

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:21 AM