Event Sys Warning 4609 RRS feed

• Question

• I received this warning with instructions to contact MS Support with info. So here it is. I suspect it may have something to do with the new Defender update. Or not. Smile

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-EventSystem
    Date:          11/21/2007 3:38:22 PM
    Event ID:      4609
    Task Category: Event System
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      Joy-PC
    Description:
    The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing.  HRESULT was 8007043c from line 45 of d:\vistartm\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.  Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-EventSystem" Guid="{899daace-4868-4295-afcd-9eb8fb497561}" EventSourceName="EventSystem" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="49152">4609</EventID>
        <Version>0</Version>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>16</Task>
        <Opcode>0</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-11-21T23:38:22.000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>93</EventRecordID>
        <Correlation />
        <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>Joy-PC</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data Name="param1">d:\vistartm\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp</Data>
        <Data Name="param2">45</Data>
        <Data Name="param3">8007043c</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Thursday, November 22, 2007 5:56 PM

All replies

• I received the same error:

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing.  HRESULT was 8007043c from line 45 of d:\vistartm\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.  Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

Friday, February 1, 2008 12:08 AM
  • I am getting the same thing d:\vistartm\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp

Called support, and they did not seem to have the answer in the KB yet.

Friday, July 4, 2008 2:30 AM
  • I'm getting an Event Sys Error 4609, more serious I guess than warning. I thought it had something to do with the dvd-rom drive as I'm also getting an Error (8211) dealing with the WMI Writer when the "Initializing Writer" operation failed. This error follows directly after the 4609 Error.

I've recently been having issues with the DVD-ROM drive, such as it being constantly seeked by the OS (the drive led is forever blinking or staying on, even with  the drive open. What's really weird is the drive disappeared from MY Computer, yet it shows up in disk managment and commands such as "eject" are functional using disk managment. Device Manager detects the drive with no warnings or errors. Dev Mgr thinks the drive is enabled and working just fine.

Was on chat with MS and the last suggestion was to remove the drive and then reseat it. Sometimes this helps, they said. No particular reason, however.

Any info on both of these errors would be surely welcomed.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:48 PM
  • Same here (Vista Premium; dutch version; american errors)..

Identical message.

Resulting in a not reacting "windows explorer" etc etc.

d: is my dvd-rw

And never used it for installation-purposes.

Viva Vista(-updates). Service Pack !?

Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:10 PM
  • I'm having the same problem in Vista...  I've tried repairing with the DVD but that didn't help!  Also tried restoring from a point before the update with no luck.

I will do more research and hopefully won't have to reinstall.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:05 AM
  • So what causes this and how do you fix it?

Monday, February 9, 2009 4:14 AM
  • I am getting the same thing
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 6:18 PM
  • Hi,

I'm having the same problems with Windows 2008 Server Enterprise. I previously thought this might be a problem with VmServer or whatsoever. After a reinstallation everything worked fine for about three weeks. Now I get the same problems back again. It started with the problem that the network adapter didn't work properly anymore. After the reboot the screen is black and a logon is not possible. If I start in safe mode I can login and I see the same problem you reported in this thread. I hope there is a solution available soon.

I'm very annoyed that such problems cause a lot of hassle during my working time.
    • Proposed as answer by Lyoung Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:08 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Lyoung Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:08 AM
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 5:55 PM
  • I had this problem with Windows 2008 Server, and I found this article regarding a corrupt registry that may help: http://www.phits.nl/wordpress/2011/12/02/windows-server-2008-com-error/

and this from Microsoft regarding this error: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc774247(v=ws.10).aspx

Lisa Young

Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:05 PM