My computer says "No Audio Output Device is installed" RRS feed

• Question

• I turned on my Desktop then decided I wanted it off 3 seconds after I turned it on so I held the power button till it turned of while it was still starting up.(because I was going to reset my modem and router because the router wasn't working). I unplugged my router, then modem, then I plugged them back in after a few minutes and turned my computer on. I come back a few hours later and I log in and down in the bottom left hand corner the speaker thing has a red x in it. So I click on it thinking that the sound is just muted but it says "No Audio Output Device is installed", I check if my speakers are pluged in, and they were, and I have never had a problem with them. So I unplugged them and try to play sound with the built in speakers on my computer and it still says the same thing. I went to control panel, then  device manager, then sound, video and game controllers and pressed the plus button next to it and it showed "ViXS PureTV-U 48B0 (NTSC/ATSC Combo)". I click on that and it says under device status that it is working properly, then i go to system device and click the plus button next to it and scroll down to system speaker, and click on that and under device status in says no drivers are installed. So I click on the driver tab and click update and it says that system speaker is the best one. I go back to ViXS PureTV-U 48B0 (NTSC/ATSC Combo)  and click the update and installed all the updates and it still won't work!!!!!!!!!!! please help ii have a HP Pavilion Media Center m8357c PC and windows vista please help.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:27 PM